This page provides an overview of the events planned during 2018.
|All Year||All Year||Book Sales||East Grinstead and Lingfield Railway Stations||In conjunction with Southern Region we are pleased to announce that books are available on book shelves at these railway stations for travellers to purchase. Books are £1 each and all funds raised go towards our local charities|
|February||Saturday 17th||Senior Citizens Party||Sackville School, East Grinstead||The Party is once again being held at Sackville School. If you or someone you know would like to be considered for attendance please call 0845 833 9506. See SERVICE page for more details|
|March||Saturday 3rd between 6.30 & 9.30pm||Swimathon|| |
The Kings Centre, Moat Road, East Grinstead.
For those who have not taken part in the past, it is a fundraising event for teams of 6 swimmers who swim in relay for 25 minutes having arranged personal sponsorship. For a Sponsor Form Click Here. Teams can swim for a charity of choice or club/organisation funds, with 60% of the total raised being allocated to that chosen cause and the remaining 40% donated to the Lions to support local good causes.For an Entry Form Click Here. The Lions club does all the organising, leaving teams to concentrate on securing sponsorship.
The locally owned McDonald's in East Grinstead is again sponsoring the Swimathon, and will be advertising the event early in the new year so book your team in early to avoid disappointment. For details of the Invitation Click Here.
|May||Monday 7th||May Fair||High Street, East Grinstead||The event will be opened by the Mayor of East Grinstead at 10am followed by a number of events during the day. The High Street will be closed to traffic and filled with stalls and entertainment for all the family. This event will also include the May Queen Competition. Entrants can apply at the stage area on the day or contact our President (see membership page). The Fair will close at 4pm. Programmes will be on sale before and during the event.|
|July and August||See Dates||The Big Health and Care Conversation||See Websites|| |
Join us in our Big Health and Care Conversation
NHS Crawley CCG and NHS Horsham and Mid Sussex CCG work in partnership with local health and care organisations to improve care for our population. The Big Health and Care Conversation event is led by the CCGs working alongside the local NHS organisations, Healthwatch, patients, carers and the local community and voluntary sector. You're invited to our first Big Health and Care Conversation events this summer. This gives you the chance to meet our commissioners and clinical leaders to discuss priorities for health and care in the area, including an opportunity to hear about and discuss the regional Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) and the unprecedented financial challenges facing our local health and care services. We look forward to you joining us at this event if you can. If you can’t join us on this occasion there will be future opportunities to engage with us about developing health and social care for your area.
For more information about the events, booking via Eventbrite, or how to feedback; please see the relevant web page :
|July||Sunday 22nd|| |
|King Georges Field adjacent to the Kings Centre with access from Moat Road. 12pm until 5pm|| |
there will be 7 races starting at 1pm. Donkey Rides, Stalls, a Fun Dog Show (Registration starts at 12noon and Judging commences at 1.35pm just £2 to enter each class), Punch & Judy, Childrens Rides, A Beer Tent, Refreshments, etc.
|July/August||Various||Town Events||East Court||Support to Town Events with stall selling Candy Floss, Pop Corn and other refreshments|
|August||27th||Godstone Lions||Godstone||Book Sales at the Godstone Donkey Derby|
|September||9th||Horley Lions||Horley||Support with Candy Floss and Pop Corn to Country Fair and Dog Show|
|September||30th||East Grinstead||Imberhorne||Supoort to the Imberhorne 10k Run|
|October||Saturday 6th||Charter Anniversary Dinner||Felbridge Hotel & Spa||Social Event to celebrate our 50th Charter Anniversary|
|October||14th||East Grinstead||East Grinstead||Schools Cross Country|
|November||Sunday 11th||Remembrance Day||High Street East Grinstead||Marshalling and support for the event.|
|November||Saturday 24th||Prostate Testing||East Court Mansion||This event will be publicised in the Autumn and that will include an invitation to apply for a PSA Test. Appointments will then be made for Saturday the 24th November between 10am and 3pm when experts will be on hand to explain the process. Prior to this testing, Prostate awareness information will be distributed in East Grinstead and the local doctors surgerys have been advised.|
|December||To be advised||Fund Raising Raffle||Waitrose||Fund Raising for the upcoming annual Senior Citizens Party|